Monday, July 23, 2012

First 6 Weeks


So after keeping a pregnancy blog and looking back on it, I realized I want to start a blog for Ellie.  I want to try to do a monthly blog so I can remember every milestone and special moment with her.  I might try to blog more often, but with going back to work in the near future I'm not sure how much more I'll be able to blog. So right now, I'm going to commit to once a month.

Ellie Grace is 6 weeks old today and I am half way through my 12 week maternity leave from work.  I have been enjoying every moment with her, and it is hard to imagine going back to work right now.  I have my 6 week check up with my doctor this week.  I feel great and am back to my pre-pregnancy weight.  I would still like to loose about 10 more pounds since I weighed a little more than I wanted to when I got pregnant.

So enough about me!  So since there is so much to catch everyone up on I'm going to first talk about Ellie's first month, then catch you up on the past two weeks.  I plan to blog again about her entire second month after her 2 month doctor's appointment. So here we go.....

1 Month Stats

  • Ellie Grace was born 6-11-12, 1:38am, 7 lbs 3 oz, 20 1/2 inches long with blue eyes and lots of dark brown hair!
  • Since I am breastfeeding (and struggled a little bit at first), Ellie lost some weight the first week. Her weight at her first pediatrician was 6 lbs 3 ounces.  By her second appointment with her pediatrician the following week on June 22nd, breastfeeding had been going well and she gained some weight to 6 pounds 14 ounces.
  • At her one month checkup on July 12 she got her second shot, which she did not enjoy but with some cuddling she calmed down.  She weighed 8 pounds 14 ounces (below average), 22 inches long (above average), and 14 1/2 inches head circumference.

Highlights: 1 month

  • She enjoys tummy time when she is being held and can look over your shoulder, but only enjoys tummy time for a short time while on the play mat on the ground
  • She is starting to hold up her head on her own pretty well
  • Responds to sounds and stares at faces
  • Follows objects briefly with eyes
  • Starts to vocalize oohs and aahs and started smiling 
  • Loves to stare out the window and look at the light
  • Loves her pacifier
  • Does not enjoy bath time
  • Starting to outgrow newborn clothes and diapers
  • She is a good sleeper! She sleeps most of the day, and at night she will sleep for 3 hours and wake up hungry

Favorite Pictures
















Highlights: 6 Weeks

  • Notices her hands and grasps fingers (She can grab my hair very well now!) 
  • Loves kicking her feet and pushing my hands with them while lying down
  • Can hold her head up steady for a short period of time while I hold her
  • She smiles, tries to talk (coo), and laughs when you talk and interact with her- this is my favorite part so far :)
  • She can turn her head from side to side
  • Starting to recognize mommy's voice and look for her
  • Enjoys bath time
  • She gives you warning before she cries.  I like to call this her "fussy face" because her face looks like she is going to cry but she has not started to scream yet! LOL.  So she gives me warning so I can usually calm her down before she cries.
  • She wears size 1 diapers and has outgrown newborn clothes. She now wears 0-3 month clothes
  • At night she sleeps for 6-8 hours, then wakes up every 3 hours after that.  Her typical night is going to bed by 9pm, waking up around 3 am, then 6 am, then again at 8 am. 
  • She is starting to sleep less during the day;  A normal routine is that she will wake up by 8am  then take a short nap in the morning for about an hour, then takes a long nap in the afternoon for about 2-3 hours.

Favorite  Pictures








1 comment:

  1. She is growing sooooo fast....so glad you started this blog...we can watch her grow and stay connected. What a happy little family you are...so sweet! Wish we lived closer...I'm a good baby sitter!!! Hugs from Grandad n GJ xoxo

    ReplyDelete